Monday, April 7, 2014

Monday's Muster #14

Playing cards today! I began collecting single or "swap cards" as they are called about 12 years ago. Most of these are from Ebay. I've never paid too much for one; some can be rather pricey depending on the age and design. Collecting these cards started my note card crafting years ago.  Sometimes I would buy a lot (as in a group not a big quantity) and be stuck with a couple of cards I didn't want to save. I used them on note cards, and the rest is history.

I have a lot of dog designs (go figure, right?). 

Quite a lot of cats too.

Horses, naturally.

Birds and butterflies.

Advertising is a big category in playing cards.

People

Am calling this group miscellaneous for obvious reasons.

Winter/Christmas. These are fun to set around for Christmas decor.

Various animals

Interesting houses

Flowers are always popular designs. I'm partial to the mod 60s and 70s style.

Collecting these cards is fun. Not very expensive, easy to store, and I always find new designs.

Have a great day!

9 comments:

  1. What a fun collection! I have some oversize playing cards and it just gave me an idea for some of my England pictures.....Hmmmmmmm. Thanks, Lydia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great collection Diane..BTW, Where do you keep all this stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I ever realized there were so many designs - I love them!!!! I must keep an eye open!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well who knew you could collect playing cards?! Never would have occurred to me, obviously I am not a collector! Great finds Diane.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a new collection to me, too. Do you also collect Longaberger baskets? I was crazy for the things back in the 1990s. LOL. Lost count at 60-some, then hit "basket saturation" and haven't bought any since. I do love the ones I have and use quite a few of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good eye! That is my one and only Longaberger basket! I bought it from a party in the 90s too.

      Delete
    2. I have the same one. In fact I may have 2 of them. I think it's the muffin basket (with handles) and the cracker basket (without handles). It's a handy size!

      Delete
    3. Yes, it is a muffin basket. Although I've never used mine for that. It is a really nice size!

      Delete
  6. I was going to say...LONGABERGER?
    I have two that I own...but not that version.
    So these are just regular ol' playing cards? By that, I mean...Ace, King, Queen, Jack, etc?
    The designs are obviously NOT regular...they are quite interesting in fact!
    Loved seeing this and was going to ask about the basket...and then saw it had been addressed in the comments already!
    Have a great day! It windy here and really nice weather!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete