Monday, July 21, 2014

Monday's Muster #28

Today's collection is one that I actively add to when the opportunity arises. These are actual photos of horses and draft horses, mostly from the 1920s. None of these folks are related to me. I have shown a couple of my family's farm photos before. Most of these orphan photos were purchased on Etsy within the last couple of years.



This is the back of the large photo above. Another photo burned into the paper. Weird.


The photo on the right is part of my blog banner.

As you can tell from my banner. I do like old horse photos. A lot of hard work and history in these images.

Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

  1. Really great old photos. I like the ease of digital photography but it's nothing like the feel of the old fashioned photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting pictures Diane. I remember the old horse-drawn ice trucks and horse drawn milk trucks. There was also a guy that used to come around and sharpen knives and scissors. Boy I'm going back along way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great collection! I think draft horses are the most majestic looking animals! Did you ever own horses?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought I left a comment here...:/ guess not.
    Anyway... I just love seeing old pictures of people and the lifestyle of a by-gone era!
    These looks so neat. I saw some a while back while thrift shopping and didn't get them. They were gone when I returned. I promised myself, next time I see any at the thrift store, I'm grabbing them up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So neat - now, that is a collection I wouldn't think of!!!

    It sure wasn't as easy, workwise, back then, was it?

    ReplyDelete