Saturday, November 8, 2014

Recent Finds and a Buying Reminder

Not a lot of thrift finds lately but some fun ones-- how about the owl s & p shakers? Very 1970s!  They are sitting on a calendar towel from 1983 which doesn't sound old (to me), but when you stop and do the math...

Sheet music is always a good find for us collage type artists, The Louis L'Amour book is from a popular series. I read a lot of his westerns when I was a teen/young adult. A pottery, hand made creamer and a pretty vase marked "Italy" on the bottom. And a set of playing cards... read on...

Yeah, you might wanna open these boxes in the store before you buy. The cards inside were not what was on the box lid-- or bottom. The butterflies "bottom" must have been from yet another set.  What a mishmosh!! Oh well.

Have a fun day!

4 comments:

  1. Too bad about the cards..The salt and pepper shakers are adorable...Hope you are having a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love seeing these calendars. My grandparents had one for every woman in the family to hang in her kitchen EVERY YEAR AT CHRISTMAS!
    Had I known... I'd have hung onto them for sure, especially a 1983 calendar...the year I was married and able to choose one for myself!
    ...yeah, had I known.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love finding something made in Italy! And I've bought a cd case before....just the case! lol I've learned to look inside, I hope! I was able to take it back though. Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're always lucky to find the cards, even if they were mismatched!! Still fun!!

    ReplyDelete