Monday, September 28, 2015

Friday Finds

I hit a few garage sales and one estate sale on Friday. Let's see what she walked away with...

A pretty cool 70s owl plaque, a Pluto Pez dispenser for my daughter (she collects them), a 1952 Kodak photography guide, an old picture book for journal purposes, an unopened pack of paper with a map on it (some sort of company printer paper) also for journal purposes, and a neat old baseball cribbage game. Also four skirt/pants hangers. I bought two (25 cents each) for my daughter to use to hang posters, and as I was heading to my car, the man running the sale came after me, saying the hangers were "buy one get one." Well, okay. So I got four for 50 cents.

Some old Christmas ornaments and a manger scene. If you're rolling your eyes a bit at some of them, my daughter collects the kitschy 70s type ornaments; probably because we do find them often, but she thinks they're cute.

Old celluloid type reindeer that I'm pretty sure were dismantled from some other decoration. I thought they might come in handy for some crafting.

Here are a couple pages from that Kodak guide. It's actually pretty cool with these turning meter type "things."

 Here is a closer look at that baseball game. It did come with pegs and dice.

Not a bad haul. Thanks for looking!

One note: going from garage sales to an estate sale, especially when entering the garage first, can create "sticker shock." Prepare yourself first!

4 comments:

  1. never saw that baseball game..love the owl plaque..You did good..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks-- I like it too! The colors are even better in person.

      Delete
  3. I like the owl plaque too. Also the pants hangers - those are good sellers for me in my shop.

    ReplyDelete