Thursday, January 28, 2016

The Kiddie Table

In rearranging some knickknacks after the holidays, I decided my Campbell's soup spoon and my Spaghettios spoon needed some polishing. I keep them on display on a kitchen shelf these days but used them often as a child. They are from the early 70s. One thing lead to another and I thought a post about kids' flatware would be kind of interesting. Since I was polishing, I cleaned up my infant cup too. It was given to me when I was born by a close family friend. You can see it in my blog banner photo on the right.

This child's set was given to me when I was born by an older cousin of mine. Today my daughter uses it.

My grandmother had these Bozo utensils for us kids at her house in the 70s.

Here is a close-up of the Campbell's and Spaghettios spoons. They were premiums back in the day you could send for. Notice the Spaghettios spoon has the three varieties represented: meatball, franks, and plain. These spoons sure saw a lot of use.

Do you keep any kid friendly flatware at your house?

4 comments:

  1. All great items but I like the Bozo one's the best. I was on the Bozo show when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a baby spoon..It's nice to be able to pass these things along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't those the cutest things....it's nice that you have them out on display

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can honestly say I've never seen the Campbell's soup, Bozo or Spaghettios utensils before, so neat! I have my Bunnykins dishes from when I was young but no flatware, thanks for sharing yours Diane!

    ReplyDelete